Wood, Paper, Checkmark is a competition that will award a total of $10,000 in prize money for winning consumer awareness campaigns for sustainable forestry. This competition was developed by DESIGN 21: Social Design Network (an online platform founded by Felissimo and UNESCO to inspire and promote design for the greater good) to benefit The Nature Conservancy and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Competition entrants need to create elements of a consumer call-to-action campaign that asks targeted consumers to purchase FSC products as a means of protecting forests around the world. Entries need to contain the following (please review the competition website for complete guidelines):
- A compelling, persuasive message/approach that:
- Creates awareness of FSC and shows people that by buying FSC, they can play an active role in protecting forests.
- Drives people to a consumer-searchable website where they can locate FSC products to buy.
- A campaign design that includes these mandatory elements:
- A print ad
- A suite of online advertising banners and buttons
- A URL name suggestion for the consumer-searchable website with FSC product locations.
The $10,000 in prize money will be allocated as follows:
- $5,000 to the Overall Winner chosen by The Nature Conservancy and FSC-US;
- $5,000 divided between multiple prizes: DESIGN 21 Judge’s Picks and Most Popular
The submission deadline for this competition is January 13, 2009.
For more information: