On March 16, the Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs (SVASE) will present a program entitled Cleantech Software – Dealing with Demand. A summary of this program is:
While companies that produce clean energy have garnered mega-sized deals, not all investors are enamored with the supply-side of the energy equation.
A growing number of investments focus on companies that help businesses, utilities and consumers reduce demand – particularly software companies that improve energy efficiency, manage the electrical grid, allow trading of carbon credits, or capture waste energy. These capital-efficient companies have a clear business models based on saving customers money or improving their competitiveness; have short investment cycles; and have multiple opportunities for exits. So where are the best opportunities right now? Find out from our panel of VCs.
Panelists for this program will be:
- Rodrigo Prudencio, Nth POWER
- Jai Das, SAP Ventures
- Christina Ellwood, Moreland Associates (moderator)
- Additional panel members to be announced!
This program will be held from 6:00 – 8:00 pm (Includes buffet dinner, coffee and tea) at Crow Canyon Country Club, 711 Silver Lake Drive, Danville, CA 94526. Thanks to our friends at SVASE, readers of Green VC can receive a $10 discount on the non-member ticket price when registering in advance by following these steps:
- Go to the online event registration page
- In the "Registration" section of the page, select your tickets from the "SVASE Members & Affiliate" section
- In the "Activity Questionnaire' section of the page, enter "Green VC" in answer to the question "If registering as an affiliate which organization advertised this event to you?"
For more information: