On April 5, 2012 President Obama signed the JOBS Act bill into law. President Obama declared the JOBS Act (for "Jump-Start Our Business Start-Ups") is a "potential game changer". Indeed, funding for start-ups and emerging companies should become easier with an increased crowdfund cap and new IPO rules for example. However it does sound a bit risky to disclose your ideas to the whole world at a very early stage.
Key points that will be developed during this session include:
* Why and how to crowdfund your emerging company?
* Is crowdfunding a solution for your emerging company?
* Why do VCs and Angels get involved in crowdfunding?
* Do's and Don'ts of crowdfunding.
* What are the risks and how can you protect your company from them?
* Was a new legal and regulatory landscape created?
Panelists for this session will be:
- Danae Ringelmann, Co-Founder, Indiegogo
- Jai Ranganathan, Co-founder, Scifund Challenge
- Sherwood (Woodie) Neiss, Principal, Crowdfund Capital Advisors, LLC
- Patricia Salber, MD, MBA, Founder and CEO, Health Tech Hatch, and Vice-Chair,National Crowdfunding Association (NLCFA)
- Paul Fox, General Partner, CalCEF Clean Energy Angel Fund
- Lead Facilitator: Larry Kane, Corporate Partner, Emerging Companies Group Member, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
This event will take place from 3:00 – 6:30 pm at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, 1000 Marsh Road, Building 1100, Menlo Park, CA 94025. Thanks to our friends at Prescience International, readers of Green VC can receive a discount to this event. Please select the "Partner Rate" ticket when registering online.