On November 13th, the Berkeley-Stanford Cleantech Conference Series will hold its fourth event, entitled Smart Grid: Vision, Opportunity, and Effectiveness. This program will examine the past, current and future state of the Smart Grid sector from technical, policy and business perspectives. The event will discuss questions such as:
- What is the Smart Grid today? Where is it going?
- How can innovators make the most of Smart Grid opportunities?
- What policies will enable the Smart Grid? What are the constraints in the system?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andrew Tang – Senior Director, Smart Energy Web, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (Keynote)
- Andrew Campbell – Senior Energy Advisor, CPUC
- Erfan Ibrahim – Technical Executive at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Alex Beavers – Corporate Director, SRI International
- Jordan Breslow – Silver Spring Network
- David Meyers – Director of Business Development – Western Region, EnerNOC
- Craig Lawrence – General Partner, Accel
The program will take place from 12pm – 7pm at the Stanford Research Institute Auditorium, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025. Additional program information is available at http://cleantech.stanford.edu/. Readers of Green VC can obtain a $10 discount on this program when registering online — please use this registration link to receive this discount.
The Berkeley-Stanford CleanTech Conference is also looking for volunteers to help with tasks including fund raising, marketing, day-of-event setup. Volunteers can attend the event for free. For additional information send an e-mail to malaki [at] bscleantech.org
This program is made possible through a partnership with Stanford University's Energy Crossroads and sponsorship from the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) and Berkeley Columbia Executive MBA Program.