On January 25, 2011, SDForum will present a special program entitled The Global Water Crisis: Challenges and Opportunities in Water Technologies and Clean Energy. A description of this program is as follows:
Water, our most precious commodity, continues to garner more attention in the media as climate change and increasing demand constrain supplies worldwide. Where are we ahead, where are we behind and what’s next? This conference brings together global leaders and influencers to share best practices and learn more about the intersection of technology driving innovation to solve a pressing world problem which is the energy crisis and limited water supply. This conference is brought to you in partnership with Australia as part of the 'G'day USA 2011 program'.
Opening Keynote by Senator David Cogdill, California State Senate
Other Confirmed Speakers Include:
- James Cameron, National Water Commission, Australia
- Drew Clark, IBM Venture Group
- Dr. Craig Criddle, Stanford University
- Jim Davis, SAP
- Amol Deshpande, Kleiner Perkins
- Burt Hamner, Hydrovolts
- Cassie Doyle, Consulate General of Canada
- Bill Kocher, City of Santa Cruz Water Dept. CA
- Henrik Skov Laursen, Grundfos Water Technology Center
- J Patrick McIntyre, ET Water
- Tamin Pechet, Banyan Water
- Rafael Simon, VantagePoint
- Don Wood, Draper Fisher Jurveston
Closing Keynote by Susan Leal, Co-Author of Running Out of Water.
This program will be held from 8:30 AM – 4:15 PM at AMD Commons Auditorium, One AMD Place, Sunnyvale, CA Early-bird registration pricing is available until December 15. Readers of Green VC can also save $10 with code "WATER10". Additional program details and registration is available here.