ThinkEquity Partners will present ThinkGreen: A Clean Technology, Alternative Energy, and
Green Living Forum in San Francisco on December 5 and 6. This event will feature business leaders, investors, and other individuals involved in green technology and green living. Speakers include:
- Vinod Khosla – Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Dr. Yogi Goswami – Director, Solar Energy & Conversion Laboratory, University of South Florida; Past President, International Solar Energy Society (ISES)
- Michael Chiarello – CEO of NapaStyle and Host of FoodTV’s Emmy Award-winning "At Home with Michael Chiarello"
- Michael Marks – CEO, Tesla Motors
- Joseph Desmond – Former Chairman of the California Energy Commission & Senior VP, External Affairs, NorthernStar Natural Gas
You can view the complete conference agenda and register online. Webcasts will also be available.
Update [12/04]: You can obtain a 25% discount on the registration fee via a discount code. Please see Earth2Tech for more details.
A quick note that the "Opportunity Green" conference that will be taking place on November 17 at UCLA includes an "Opportunities for Green Investment Capital" panel in the breakout sessions. The panel will include:
- Moderator – Bill Moses, Angel Investor; Founder, Casa Barranca Organic Winery
– Bill Reichert, Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures
– Gurminder Singh, President and CTO, Transformative Capital; Founder & Co-Chairman, Green Technology Institute at UCLA, an initiative of The Tom Bradley Legacy Foundation
– Brett Conrad, Founder, Longboard Capital Advisors LLC
For more information:
On November 12 Generation Investment Management (Generation) and the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) announced a collaboration to "find, fund and accelerate green business, technology and policy solutions with the greatest potential to help solve the current climate crisis." As part of this collaboration former Vice President Al Gore will now serve as a partner at KPCB and KPCB partner John Doerr will serve on Generation’s Advisory Board. Al Gore is the co-founder and chair of Generation.
The two organizations will work together in areas including renewable energy technologies, building efficiency, cleaner fossil energy, sustainable agriculture and carbon markets. KPCB, which has previously invested in companies including Amazon.com, Genentech, and Google, currently has a Greentech initiative (some of their current Greentech investments are listed here).
In commenting on this new collaboration, Mr. Gore said, "This alliance brings together world-class business talent to focus on solving the climate crisis. Together, we have a working understanding of this urgent, multi-dimensional challenge and are resolved to help business and government leaders accelerate the development of sustainable solutions."
For more information:
Welcome to Green VC. This blog is intended to provide news pertaining to environmentally and socially responsible startups and venture capital. Your feedback and comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!