Just a brief note — a job opportunity for an Social Media and Marketing Associate is available at Social Venture Network in San Francisco, CA. Additional information is available here. Note that the application deadline is July 17.
June 15 is the application deadline for the Social Venture Network (SVN) Innovation Awards. This program is designed to recognize and support senior executives at private or nonprofit organizations who have implemented an idea that is having a positive social or environmental impact on the business sector. Award recipients will receive:
- 2010 SVN Membership: A one-year complimentary 2010 SVN membership, which provides access to a community of socially responsible business leaders who can provide advice and resources.
- 2009 Fall Conference: Complimentary registration, travel and hotel, and special recognition at SVN's 2009 Fall Conference.
- Mentorship: Advice and assistance from members of the SVN community and introductions to other successful socially responsible business and nonprofit leaders and investors
- Promotion: Prominent recognition on SVN's website for a full year, and recognition in SVN's 2009 Stakeholder Report
- Press: Publicity in various media outlets in late 2009
Applicants must currently hold positions as C-level executives (CEOs, executive directors, founders, etc.) of businesses or nonprofit organizations implementing an idea that is having a positive social or environmental impact on the business sector. Eligible applicants will have started implementing their new idea fewer than five years ago, and their business or organization must be less than 5 years old.
Additional eligibility information and the application can be obtained here. The application deadline is June 15, 2009 at 11:59 pm PST.