The X PRIZE Foundation, an educational non-profit prize institute, announced on September 10th the launch of the "What’s Your Crazy Green Idea?" contest. This contest, sponsored by Prize Capital, will award $25,000 for the best video proposing a new, world-changing X PRIZE in the field of energy and the environment.
Complete contest rules are available via this link. Some of the key details include:
- This contest is to select the single video which best represents the best idea, cause or challenge relating to the fields of energy or the environment which could make an excellent concept for a new X PRIZE competition to be sponsored by X PRIZE Foundation.
- To submit a video entry, go to http://www.youtube.com/group/crazygreenidea and follow the instructions.
- Entries should answer these questions – (1) What is the idea?, (2) Why and how would it make a good X PRIZE?, (3) What is the grand challenge?, (4) How will it benefit humanity?
- Entries should be up to two minutes in length.
- Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (Pacific Time) on October 31, 2008.
- Entrants will be narrowed down to 3 finalists by the X PRIZE Foundation. Once the 3 finalists are identified, XPRIZE.org users will vote to determine the winner. The winner will be announced on XPRIZE.org in December 2008.
Some videos are provided below that provide information about the contest:
This contest was officially announced at a forum that the X PRIZE Foundation held with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and global communications provider BT entitled Seeking Radical Breakthroughs in Alternative Energy – What I Would Advise the Next President. Also, the X PRIZE Lab @ MIT will be focusing on "Grand Challenges In Energy" during the Fall semester.
For more information: