Mosaic, a company offering a clean energy crowdinvesting platform, will hold a celebration today (December 11) at noon in Oakland. Below is information on the event, which is free:
We started Mosaic two years ago with a simple idea: to create a way for people to invest in clean energy projects. We could see the beginning of two enormous global shifts: 1) The transformation and democratization of our financial system, and 2) The rapid transition from fossil fuels to clean energy. Financing this transition is one of the largest wealth creation opportunities of our time. We wanted to make it possible for everyday people to participate and benefit from this transition.
Join us on Tuesday December 11th at 12pm to celebrate the installation of our first return on investment solar project on the roof of the Youth Employment Partnership (YEP) in Oakland. The project is predicted to save YEP over $160,000 through reduced electricity costs while also providing a 6.38% return to 51 investors in the project.
The event will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony and press event with speakers including:
- Jean Quan, Mayor of Oakland
- Steve Richmond, Chief Financial Officer of Mosaic
- Michele Clark, Executive Director of the Youth Employment Partnership
- Jakada Imani, Executive Director of Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Michael Hannigan, Founder and President of Give Something Back
- Gary Gerber, Founder and President of Sun Light & Power