On January 14, a summit entitled "Advancing the New Energy Economy in California" will take place in San Francisco. This event is hosted by the California Public Utilities Commission, the Willie L. Brown Jr. Institute on Politics and Public Policy, the California Clean Energy Fund, the Apollo Alliance, and the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights.
The goal of this summit is to advance long-term investment, job creation, and financial growth within the green technology industry in California, with a focus on engaging low-income communities. There will be participation from leaders in diverse and relevant sectors including investment, cleantech / greentech, workforce development and public policy.
Key summit sessions are listed below. For addition information on this event, including registration, please visit http://www.NewEnergySummit.com.
• Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown Jr. (Master of Ceremonies)
• Commissioner Timothy Alan Simon, California Public Utilities Commission
• San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom
Preparing for a Booming Clean and Green Economy
• Phil Angelides, Chairman, Apollo Alliance (moderator)
• Van Jones, Co-founder, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
• Peter A. Darbee, Chairman of the Board, CEO and President, PG&E Corporation
• Nancy Pfund, Managing Director, JPMorgan
• Dr. Marshall Drummond, Chancellor, Los Angeles Community College District
• Jay Hansen, Legislative and Political Director, State Building & Construction Trades Council
Advancing Investments and Innovation to Commercialization and Jobs
• Special Topic Address: Speaker Fabian Núñez, California State Assembly
• Dan Kammen, Professor of Energy, University of California, Berkeley (moderator)
• Julie Blunden, Vice President, Public Policy and Corporate Communications, SunPower
• Dan Reicher, Director of Climate Change and Energy Initiatives, Google.org (invited)
• Nancy Floyd, Founder and Managing Director, Nth Power
Afternoon Keynote "Grening the Golden State: Committing to an Eco-Economy in California"
• Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, State of California (invited)
• Miichael R. Peevey, President, California Public Utilities Commission
Bridging the Gap: Clean Energy Investments and a Diverse Workforce (Interactive Session)
– Tim Rainey, Director of the Workforce and Economic Development Program, California Labor Federation
• José Millan, Vice Chancellor of California Community Colleges Economic Development and Workforce Preparation Division
• Bernadette Del Chiaro, Director of Global Warming Programs, Environment California
• Paul Frankel, Director, Aquillian Investments
Pathways and Partnerships: Steps to New Investment, Jobs and Growth in the New Energy Economy
• Special Topic Address: Congresswoman Hilda Solis (invited)
• Bob Epstein, Co-founder of Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2); Director, New Resource Bank; Trustee, Natural Resources Defense Council (moderator)
• Raquel Pinderhughes, Ph.D., Professor of Urban Studies, San Francisco State University
• Peter Liu, Founder and Vice Chairman, New Resource Bank
• Dr. Philip R. Day, Chancellor, City College of San Francisco
• Tom Martinez, National Electrical Contractors Association
Living Green and Driving Growth in The Green Sector
• Ed Begley, Jr., Green Reality Star, Host of "Living With Ed," Author of "Living Like Ed"