On January 24, 2008, SVASE will present a program in Palo Alto, California entitled "Clean Tech: What Corporate & Venture Investors Really Want To See." The panel for this program will be:
The program will be held from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm at the Palo Alto office of Cooley Godward Kronish LLP (3175 Hanover Street). The advance registration cost for the program is $20 for SVASE members and $49 for non-members. The price is an additional $10 if you register at the door. For more information:
Cleantech Group LLC will present Cleantech Forum® XVI in San Francisco, California from February 25–27, 2008. The theme of this event is "Crossing the Chasm: From Roadmap to Purchase Order – Accelerating Global Cleantech Market Demand."
The Cleantech Forum® is a leading cleantech investment event that brings together investors, senior executives, entreprenuers, policymakers, and scientists. Highlights of the San Francisco event include investor presentations from more than 20 promising companies, two tracks of educational panel presentations, a Cleantech Limited Partners Roundtable, and an awards dinner. For more information
International Business Forum and Clean Edge will present the 4th annual Clean Tech Investor Summit ("Fostering Innovation & Investment Opportunities in Clean Technologies") in Palm Springs, California on February 6 and 7, 2008. This conference wlll provide educational sessions and networking opportunities for those in the cleantech/greentech field, including entreprenuers, corporate leaders, and members of the investment community, including venture capital and private equity firms.
You can view the draft conference agenda (PDF) and register for the conference online. In addition, some presentations from prior summits are listed below:
Presentations from 2007 Clean-Tech Investor Summit:
- Renewable Energy Technology Opportunities: Responding to Global Energy Challenges (Dan E. Arvizu, National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
- SunPower: One Year Later? (Thomas H. Werner, SunPower Corporation)
- Corporate A: AES Corporation (Bob Hemphill, AES Corporation)
- Corporate B: Applied Materials (Charlie Gay, Applied Materials)
- Corporate C: Dow Chemical Company (Heinz Haller, Dow Chemical Company)
- Corporate D: GE Water and Process Technologies (Jeffrey Fulgham, GE Water and Process Technologies)
- The View from Wall Street/Clean-Tech Exit Trends (Skip Grow, Cowen & Company, LLC)
- Who's Going to Win in CleanTech? (Steve Westly)
- The Latest News on Renewables (Michael T. Eckhart, American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE))
- Smart Grid (Bill Kingsley, EnerTech Capital)
Presentations from 2005 Clean-Tech Investor Summit:
ThinkEquity Partners will present ThinkGreen: A Clean Technology, Alternative Energy, and
Green Living Forum in San Francisco on December 5 and 6. This event will feature business leaders, investors, and other individuals involved in green technology and green living. Speakers include:
- Vinod Khosla – Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Dr. Yogi Goswami – Director, Solar Energy & Conversion Laboratory, University of South Florida; Past President, International Solar Energy Society (ISES)
- Michael Chiarello – CEO of NapaStyle and Host of FoodTV’s Emmy Award-winning "At Home with Michael Chiarello"
- Michael Marks – CEO, Tesla Motors
- Joseph Desmond – Former Chairman of the California Energy Commission & Senior VP, External Affairs, NorthernStar Natural Gas
You can view the complete conference agenda and register online. Webcasts will also be available.
Update [12/04]: You can obtain a 25% discount on the registration fee via a discount code. Please see Earth2Tech for more details.
A quick note that the "Opportunity Green" conference that will be taking place on November 17 at UCLA includes an "Opportunities for Green Investment Capital" panel in the breakout sessions. The panel will include:
- Moderator – Bill Moses, Angel Investor; Founder, Casa Barranca Organic Winery
– Bill Reichert, Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures
– Gurminder Singh, President and CTO, Transformative Capital; Founder & Co-Chairman, Green Technology Institute at UCLA, an initiative of The Tom Bradley Legacy Foundation
– Brett Conrad, Founder, Longboard Capital Advisors LLC
For more information: